Where Do I Want to End Up? Bungie.
Bungie.
Hello! My name is Chris, I am 21 years old and a senior at High Point University studying Game Design with a Social Media Marketing minor. I love to play games and have recently have become entranced with going to the gym. I started playing video games at a young age and I haven't stopped since, they're my favorite hobby and pastime. Furthermore, I've taken another hobby of going to the gym not only to be fit but improve my overall life happiness.
When I graduate I would like to become a level designer for triple-A games. My favorite studio is Bungie, a company who I've fallen in love due to their game series Halo. They produced those games for many years up until their last installment Halo: Reach. Bungie had developed a new IP though, Destiny. A game that I've alone put in over two thousand hours into. The exact work I'd like to do would be to design the play spaces and maps that players interact with and are able to explore, and if not that then design the combat and balance of the game.
This is a lifelong passion for me, games have been a part of me for my entire life. It's almost like my second home. You could place me anywhere on the planet and as long as I had the ability to play video games I'd feel at home. The ability to design and create what I love to play and be able to share that with others is what I wish to do for my career, I want to give people lifelong memories that are unforgettable just as I have had by the designers before me.
I remember when I was about eight years old, going off to school and that morning telling my dad "Don't forget to get pokemon platinum! it comes out today!" and heading to the bus stop to get picked up. The whole day I couldn't focus, my mind was on the new game out that day. Fast forward to my getting off the bus and sprinting home, and running into our family room and asking my Dad if he picked up the game. Turns out he didn't pick up the game and being eight years old I started to cry putting my face in the pillow. Though I did look back up at my Dad from the couch, and as I did he pulled from behind his back was the game in its plastic wrap. I jumped off the couch and gave him the biggest hug I could give him. If only I could've known what was going on through his head when he kept it a secret from me.
Bungie. Video games. Game design. Destiny. High Point University.
Comments
Post a Comment